Occupational health and safety management — General guidelines for safe working during the COVID-19 pandemic
ISO / PAS 45005 provides general guidelines for safe operation during the COVID-19 pandemic. The standard can be applied to all organizations in all types of sectors and activities, so that organizations have guidelines on how to manage the risks arising from the pandemic and how they can protect the health of employees. It can be used independently or integrated into the organization’s occupational health and safety management system, where it will serve as a guideline for ISO 45001.
ISO / PAS 45005 provides guidelines for:
- adjusting the work in the organization’s premises,
- provisions for work from home, mobile work, work in other premises and work environments,
- adjusting activities and roles,
- management of suspicious or confirmed cases of COVID-19 at work, at home or in a mobile work environment,
- planning changes to restrictions,
- support for the psychological health and well-being of employees,
- monitoring, evaluation and improvement
The guidelines apply to:
- the ability of individuals to work safely during the COVID-19 pandemic and
- how to change operations to respond to the increased risk to health, safety and well-being at work.
- ISO / PAS 45005 brings together best international practices for the health and safety management of employees and stakeholders during the COVID-19 pandemic and is intended to complement all existing national guidelines and regulations.